22.11 17:00 Uhr - Ezras Spiel ? Unsere Buchrezension zum ersten Rebels-Schmöker
22.11 11:00 Uhr - Klicker vs. Hotkeyer: Wie zockt man am besten?
21.11 14:30 Uhr - Welche Rolle spielt Lupita Nyong'o in The Force Awakens?
21.11 13:30 Uhr - The Force Awakens: Weitere Gerüchte um den Termin zum Trailer und ein Zitat von Han Solo
21.11 12:30 Uhr - SoR-Livestream: PvP-Belohnungen und die nächsten Klassenänderungen im Fokus
SWG/DE wünschen erholsame Weihnachtstage und einen guten Rutsch ins Neue Jahr!
Wir wünschen Euch allen und Euren Familien ein frohes Fest, besinnliche Feiertage und einen guten Start ins neue Jahr.
Gleichzeitig möchten wir uns auf diesem
Wege für Eure Treue bedanken und freuen uns, auch
zukünftig für Euch da zu sein.
Preparations for December 15th
- Jabba's event on Tatooine near the Sarlacc Pit will start as soon as the Galactic Civil War score is frozen Wednesday, December 14, 2011, at 9:00 p.m. PST.
- The other 3 events on Endor (SW of the Research Outpost near 700, -4500, in the Nub Shanda GCW Contested Zone), Corellia Coronet, and Naboo Theed will start when the servers are restarted Thursday, December 15, 2011, at 4:00 a.m. PST.
- You can now combine the encrypted data disks if you have all five disks in your inventory.
- Traders can now attempt to decrypt the data disks.
- You can now trade the decrypted battle plans to the appropriate factional vendor.
- Both vendors will give the player a reward for the trade.
- The Imperial communication specialist is located at the Imperial base on Yavin 4.
- The Rebel communication specialist is located just in front of the Moenia starport on Naboo.
We know everyone is excited and curious to know more details about the game's finale. We'd like there to still be a few surprises, but here is what we can share:
- The Galactic Civil War will end and scoring will be frozen on Wednesday, December 14th, at 9:00 p.m. PST. At this time, all players will be notified who won and who lost.
- Scheduled restarts will occur on the morning of Thursday, December 15th, and afterward various battles and events will begin. (These are optional, of course.)
- The servers will close on December 15th at 9:00 p.m. PST (5:00 a.m. GMT).
Please note that the battles and events on December 15th will be open to and enjoyable* for both sides, regardless of who won or lost the Galactic Civil War. You may have lost the war, but you can still win the battle! We invite everyone to join us for what is sure to be a memorable day.
*Of course, the day may be slightly less enjoyable for the losing side simply because the winning side will probably not stop talking about it.
Atmospheric Flight Air -> Ground Missile
- Ships in atmospheric flight can now fire spacebomb missile at the ground.
- Use the "Fire Missile at Ground" keymap in the Ship Keymap Options tab, or /ui action fireMissileAtGround, to fire missile at the ground.
- Only the pilot can fire missile at the ground.
- Missile fired at the ground is a "dumb" missile. Its impact point is determined at the time the missile is fired. If there is a non-ship targeted object, the impact point is the point on the terrain directly below the location of the non-ship targeted object. If nothing is targeted or a ship is targeted, the impact point is the point on the terrain directly below your ship.
- Missile cannot be fired at the ground if the impact point is inside a battlefield.
- The ship must be between 250m - 500m range of the impact point in order to fire missile at the ground.
- LoS check is performed if the impact point is the location of a non-ship targeted object. No LoS check is performed if the impact point is the point on the terrain directly below your ship.
- A highly visible warning marker object is created at the impact point when the missile is fired.
- All enemy ground characters within 32m of the impact point will receive a "!!! INCOMING MISSILE !!!" warning message when the missile is fired.
- At impact, the missile will do AoE damage to all enemy ground characters within 32m of the impact point, with damage reduction proportionate to distance from the impact point.
- Weapon overload, PvP reduction, and Vs. Armor rating will affect the missile's damage output.
- Missile damage is mitigated by the ground character's Energy armor rating.
- There is a 2-3s warmup time if the impact point is the location of a non-ship targeted object. There is no warmup time if the impact point is the point on the terrain directly below your ship.
- The cooldown time is the missile Refire Rate value.
Wookiee Life Day
- Life Day is back! The towns of Dearic, Wayfar, and Doaba Guerfel have been decorated for the celebration of Wookiee Life Day. Visit the Life Day NPCs to sign up for the festivities! Imperial organizers, called Trandoshan Traders, can be found near the shuttleports; Rebel organizers, Wookiee Freedom Fighters, are near cantinas. Stop by the Life Day tree for gifts, music, and a special quest from Saun Dann!
- Imperial Life Day vendor will sell Empire Day items and Love Day items.
- Rebel Life Day vendor will sell Remembrance Day items and Love Day items.
- Saun Dann will sell GMF and the remaining Love Day items.
Atmospheric Flight Air <-> Ground PvP
- Ship gun damage is now mitigated by the ground character's armor, including increased armor protection from buffs/specials/abilities/expertise. Ship gun damage is Energy based. The combat spam (in verbose mode) when the ground character is hit by ship gun contains the mitigation information.
- Each missile launcher is now on its own independent cooldown. A ground character with multiple launchers can fire another launcher while the other one is on cooldown. At most 2 launchers can be on cooldown at the same time. Once 2 launchers are on cooldown, you must wait until one of the launcher finishes its cooldown before you can fire another missile. The shared 2-3 seconds warm up time remains.
- The missile launcher is now on permanent Weapon Overload - Two-And-A-Half (1.85x damage increase).
- The ship must be moving above a certain speed threshold for the hit on the ground character to count. The speed threshold is approximately the same as a character's normal run speed. If you keep shooting at ground characters while below the speed threshold, you will eventually get a system message reminding you of the errors of your way.
- Combat spam is now generated when the ship is hit by missile fired by a ground character.
- Added color combination for the Mutant Acklay.
- Fixed vehicle garage repair issue.
- Fixed targeting issue.
Galactic Moon Festival
- The celebration has come to end. Thanks to everyone for participating!
Atmospheric Flight Air <-> Ground PvP
- All forms of PvP (duel, BH, guild war, guild squad PvP, factional) between ground players and player ships are now enabled.
- All PvP rewards/perks are available with Air <-> Ground PvP (BH collect/set bounty, BH success/failure bounty collection tracking, guild war/guild squad PvP kill tracking, GCW points, GCW score contribution, PvP kill count).
- Ships shoot at ground players with ship guns, and ground players fire missiles back at ships using the newly added (actually, revived) shoulder-fired missile launcher, which is not to be confused with the existing shoulder-fired rocket launcher TCG consumable buff item, which is a totally different item.
- Purchase the shoulder-fired missile launcher from the factional recruiters or the token vendor in Aurilia.
- Load the shoulder-fired missile launcher by drag-and-dropping a player crafted missile pack onto the launcher.
- Fire the loaded shoulder-fired missile launcher at a targeted enemy ship through the launcher's radial menu, or put the launcher on the toolbar and fire it from the toolbar.
- The shoulder-fired missile launcher has a 2-3 seconds warm up time. The cooldown time is the "Refire Rate" crafted item attribute of the missile pack that was used to load the launcher.
- You can have multiple launchers, but they all share the same warm up and cooldown time.
- There is no level or profession requirement to use the shoulder-fired missile launcher.
- The shoulder-fired missile launcher is restricted from using spacebomb missile unless you are Commando profession.
- The ship gun's "Vs. Armor" rating will affect the amount of damage done to the ground player. The ship gun's "Vs. Shields" rating has no effect to the amount of damage done to the ground player.
- Just like in space, PvP reduction is applied to the damage from the ship gun and the shoulder-fired missile.
- The ground player's armor/buff/specials/abilities has no mitigation/reduction effect to the amount of damage done by a ship gun.
- Vehicles/mounts/pets cannot be attacked by ship gun, but players (including passengers on multi-passenger vehicles) mounted on vehicle/mount can still be attacked by ship gun.
- Air <-> Ground PvP range is 500m.
- Air <-> Ground PvP is not allowed if the ground player is inside a battlefield.
- Air <-> Ground PvP uses the space ruleset (for example, for guild war kill tracking, guild war exclusion, player bounty, etc). This means that GCW score contribution earned through Air <-> Ground PvP will go to the corresponding space Player vs. Player and "airspace" GCW score categories.
- The /spacepvpimperial and /spacepvprebel commands cannot be used while the ship is in the Restuss PvP region airspace.
- Factional special forces player aboard same faction factional (or factional helper) PvP ship can now land directly inside the Restuss PvP region if the ship is within 150m above the terrain.
- The minimum altitude requirement inside the Restuss PvP region is no longer enforced for factional (or factional helper) PvP ships.
- New ground targeting Target Closest Enemy Ship, Target Next Enemy Ship, and Target Previous Enemy Ship commands/keymaps have been added to the Target keymap options tab. You can also directly run these commands with /ui action targetClosestEnemyShip, /ui action targetNextEnemyShip, and /ui action targetPreviousEnemyShip.
- The space hud radar will now also display the elevation above the terrain.
- Fragments of Rebel and Imperial data disks have been scattered all over the planet. Creatures of all types now have a chance to drop 3 components. Use these 3 components in the Chu-Gon Dar cube to uncover the secrets of the enemy.
- The Scavenger Droid now hints at the final item needed for the collection.
- Fixed an issue with the Scavenger droid giving the wrong disk/badge.
- You will now be able to trade your Rebel or Imperial disk for the other.
- Data Disks will now stack.
- Many of the Jedi color crystals are now flagged as no trade removable.
- Elder robes are now flagged as no trade removable.
- Everyone can now access the Meatlump Hideout on Corellia.
- Beast Mutation chances are now five times higher.
- Vital Rebel and Imperial data has been stolen. No one knows exactly where these item are now located. Gather your friends and forage ahead. Leave no stone unturned in the search for another factional data disk.
- As part of the Imperial Community Building ordinance, everyone will receive a personal pack of high yield ordnance.
- Halloween afflicted raids will no longer drop the rarest RLS items. They will still drop the more common RLS items as well as Jedi items and crystals. Non-Halloween raids will still drop all the RLS items.
- Kor Vella raids should now work properly
- Ewok raids will now drop the correct loot
- Fixed an issue where raids would pause for 10 minutes between waves even if all mobs were dead. Once all mobs are dead and their corpses gone, a new wave should trigger within a short amount of time.
- You can now only get the Rebel and Imperial raid badges if you're of the appropriate faction or a faction helper of that faction.
Faction Strike Teams
- Strike team leaders and troopers now have a chance to drop RLS items.
- Players can now donate turrets and mines to SF Player Bases. The deeds for both mines and turrets can be purchased from faction recruiters.
- Both SF and PvE Player Bases will now spawn NPC's to patrol the area around the base.
- You can only donate turrets and mines to a PvP base while it is vulnerable.
Atmospheric Flight Air <-> Ground PvE
- All rats/womp rats (except for storyteller and pet womp rat) have been flagged as attackable by ship guns, so that you may hone your ship gunner skill.
- A Ship Gun Mastery collection (with server first) has been added to the Badges collection page to track your progress and grant badges and titles for reaching various milestones.
- Rats/womp rats killed in this fashion will not drop any loot or harvestable resource.
- The ship must be moving above a certain speed threshold for the hit on the rat/womp rat to count. The speed threshold is approximately the same as a character's normal run speed. If you keep shooting at rats/womp rats while below the speed threshold, you will eventually get a system message reminding you of the errors of your ways.
- There is a new NPC outside Jabba's palace!
- You no longer need quests or pre-requisites to enter the different sections of Jabba's Palace.
Scavenger Hunt Collection
- Tweaked the conversation with the Reprogrammed Collection Droid.
- The Corellia Times vendor now sells the Meatlump scavenger collection item.
- Jabba's festival is back with new spooky rewards and a new badge! Head on over to the Moenia and Mos Eisley starports (waypoints 4790 -4777 and 3523 -4806 respectively) and join in on another season of happy haunts.
- It's halloween and things go "braaaainnnssss" in the night. Be careful while trick or treating!
- Added a hutt costume to the GMF vendor.
- GCW rank update now occurs 3 times a week - Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 19:00:00 GMT / 11:00:00 PST / 12:00:00 PDT.
- Leaderboard update will continue to occur at Thursday at 19:00:00 GMT / 11:00:00 PST / 12:00:00 PDT.
- Swapped the GCW region values for Dearic and North of Dearic.
- The Imperial Flight suit is now flagged so you can remove NO TRADE.
- All raid mobs (including Halloween Raid Zombies) will now have a chance to drop rare loot items and unreleased Jedi crystals.
- When a raid starts, a message will be sent to the GCW chat channel with the location and faction of the attackers.
- Fixed an issue where raids would pause for 10 mins between waves even if all mobs were dead. Once all mobs are dead and their corpses gone, a new wave should trigger within a short amount of time.
Atmospheric Flight Air <-> Ground PvE
- Invasion turret will now include Space Bomb 1 and 2 missiles in its list of missiles that can be fired at gunship. It will continue not to fire Space Bomb 1 and 2 missiles at non-gunship.
- Invasion turret will now fire missiles less often at non-gunship, as long as the ship is moving above a certain speed threshold. The speed threshold is approximately the same as a character's normal run speed.
- Fixed "inventory full" message for space loot.
- With the escalation in the galactic war, both factions have begun launching raids against cities and settlements. The increased unrest has also stirred up local groups and creatures.
Atmospheric Flight Air <-> Ground PvE
- The invasion turrets can now be attacked by ship guns (only ship guns, not ship missiles) from opposing factional (and factional helper) PvE and PvP ships within 500m.
- The invasion turrets will now shoot missiles (which can be chaffed) at opposing factional (and factional helper) PvE and PvP ships within 500m.
- The ship gun's "Vs. Armor" rating will affect the amount of damage done to the turret. The ship gun's "Vs. Shields" rating has no effect to the amount of damage done to the turret.
- The turret will randomly select from 12 of the 14 possible player created missile types (Space Bomb 1 and 2 missiles are excluded), and choose random missile stats within the min/max limits of the chosen missile type.
- The turret prefers to use the more damaging missiles.
- The turret prefers to target large, slow moving, nearby ships. This means that if you are flying a small ship at high speed at some distance away, there is a higher chance that the turret will skip you when it's time to decide whether or not to fire a missile at you. Below a certain speed threshold or within a certain range threshold, the turret will always fire a missile at you. So don't get too close and always keep moving.
- Attackable turret will be included in the Target Closest Enemy (default TAB key), Target Next Enemy Starship or Space Station (default T key), and Target Previous Enemy Starship or Space Station (default SHIFT+T key) targeting commands.
- The Chassis line in the space UI target information window will display the turret's % remaining hit points.
- Neutrals can use the /spacerebelhelper and /spaceimperialhelper commands to become PvE factional helpers.
- Fixed another issue that could cause the ship to get moved to some random location on the planet immediately after launching.
- The weight value of regions and categories for the planetary control system has been tweaked. See the feature posted with the details of the changes and a more detailed description of how the system works.
- The GCW window now displays the weight that each GCW region/category contributes to the planet and galaxy score.
- Fixed an issue with players receiving an "inventory full" message with space loot.
- Increased the chance for GCW2 components to drop from tier3+ ships.
- There is now a minimum flight altitude inside the Restuss PvP zone, proportionate to the size of the ship. If you fly below this altitude while inside the Retuss PvP zone, the ship will be automatically moved up above this altitude, and incur terrain collision damage.
- Ships will now appear a little higher above the terrain when launching.
- You can no longer launch (or board as a passenger/gunner) if you are running/walking/swimming. You can be in the water (i.e. treading water), but you cannot be moving.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the ship to get moved to some random location on the planet immediately after launching.
- Fixed an issue that could cause droid overload programs to be cleared during atmospheric flight.
- Droid overload programs are now correctly preserved when launching from atmospheric flight directly into space.
- Fixed an issue where the cockpit would use the offset position of the previous ship when launching a different ship.
- Fixed an issue where booster stops working until the computer is restarted.
- Droid overload programs are now correctly preserved when hyperspacing between space zones.
Factional Strike Teams
- In continuing to tweak balance, there are now four tiers of strike teams: solo, group of 2, group of 3-4, and group of 5+
- Strike Team leaders can now drop weapon augmentations. (Gold leaders will drop Heroic level augmentations).
- The chance to find loot items on the leaders have been increased so that the chance to loot the Data Disk remains unchanged.
- Strike Teams will now despawn after 30 minutes if they are still alive and not engaged in combat.
- Destroy mission payouts will no longer be reduced for Traders and Entertainers.
- Removed the daily mission limits on the XP and Credit bonuses.
- The troops have been given less restrictive orders and will move around after landing.
- The strike team will have one less trooper if the target is ungrouped.
- Imperials should now arrive in lambda shuttles and rebels in YT-2400's.
- The difficulty, GCW reward, and chance to loot an Encrypted Disk will now be scaled based on group size.
- The ship invulnerability time during load screen has been increased to address possible long load screen after ship destruction.
- Fixed issue where landing while /spacepvpimperial or /spacepvprebel is in progress leaves the ship in a state where you cannot perform another /spacepvpimperial or /spacepvprebel after relaunching the ship.
- Fixed an issue that can sometime cause the ship to rubberband.
"There's nothing that can compare to seeing Hjal's expression when you tell him in person that you would like to take your ships out of your datapad on the ground and fly around in them =)" -- Teesquared's Producer Note, March 2011
With atmospheric flight, you will be able to travel the skies above and see the worlds of Star Wars Galaxies in a new way. To launch into atmospheric flight, or to return to the ground, you can use your ship's icon in your datapad. Whether you are looking to host a peaceful event in your yacht with the Theed Waterfall as a backdrop or prove your piloting skills against another player over the desert of Tatooine, atmospheric flight will offer a unique way to experience Star Wars Galaxies.
The Final Battle
It's the quiet before the storm. Special teams of elite troops from either faction have been dispatched to hunt down anyone who seeks to tip the scale in the Galactic Civil War by attacking minor installations and patrols. Anyone who accepts a factional mission risks drawing the attention of an enemy strike team.
- Atmospheric flight is allowed on any of the original 10 ground planets (Corellia, Dantooine, Dathomir, Endor, Lok, Naboo, Rori, Talus, Tatooine, and Yavin 4).
- Use the Launch Ship radial menu option from the ship control device in the datapad to launch the ship into atmospheric flight. You can also launch the ship into atmospheric flight using the toolbar.
- Use the Land Ship radial menu option from the ship control device in the datapad to land/store the ship from atmospheric flight. You can also land/store the ship from atmospheric flight using the toolbar, or the newly added /landShip command.
- Once in flight, use the newly added /inviteShip (or /target , followed by /inviteShip) command to invite passengers/gunners aboard the ship (either POB ship or non-POB ship with a currently unoccupied turret slot).
- Passengers/gunners can leave the ship by using /escapePod or the escape hatch.
- The ship owner can kick passengers/gunners off the ship using the existing /kickFromShip command.
- You can launch directly into space from atmospheric flight. Once the ship is above 6000m altitude, an "ENTER SPACE" button will be displayed on the pilot's HUD that will allow direct launch into the corresponding space zone. Clicking the button will display a popup menu to select the space zone's hyperspace point to launch to.
- If the ship hits the terrain while flying, it will sustain damage proportionate to the ship's current mass and speed.
- All forms of ship-to-ship PvP are available while in atmospheric flight - factional and privateer factional helper (/spacepvprebel, /spacepvpimperial, /spacefaction), player bounty system, guild war, guild squad PvP, duel.
- Player bounty system and guild war exemption/exclusive status fall under the "space" ruleset while in atmospheric flight.
- If the ship is special forces (including privateer factional helper special forces ship) while in atmospheric flight, GCW factional presence is granted to occupants with the same faction as the ship, regardless of the occupant's special forces/combatant/on leave status. If any occupant is granted GCW factional presence, the ship is reported on the GCW Factional Presence window of the War Terminal/War Intel Pad/War Table, but NOT pinpointed on the planet map.
- 10 new "airspace" GCW score regions/categories have been added (like Naboo Airspace, Rori Airspace, etc). GCW score contribution made while in atmospheric flight (including factional presence) will apply to the planet's corresponding "airspace" GCW score region/category. Each "airspace" GCW score region/category will contribute the same percentage to the planet's and galaxy's GCW score as a single ground GCW contested region.
- While in atmospheric flight, the planet map will display in the window title the score of just the "airspace" GCW region/category for that planet.
- GCW score contribution from factional ship-to-ship PvP kills in atmospheric flight will contribute to the GCW space PvP score category of the space zone corresponding to the planet. For example, factional ship-to-ship PvP kill in atmospheric flight in Tatooine airspace will contribute to the "Tatoo System Player vs Player" GCW score category. Rori airspace will contribute to the Naboo System, and Talus airspace will contribute to the Corellian System.
- PLEASE NOTE: It may be necessary to remove any client mods to use atmospheric flight.
- "Disable Fog" option has been added to the Graphics tab of the Options window.
- **HINT/REMINDER** Use the "Viewing Distance" slider in the Graphics tab of the Options window to set the "look ahead" level of detail that is comfortable for you (and your system).
- The Deluxe Floater and Cloud City Airspeeder datapad objects should now be flagged as no trade removable.